Sweet and Spicy Salmon. Remove to a platter and serve immediately. This sweet and spicy salmon is covered in a brown sugar, chili powder and ground cumin spice rub and then pan seared until the fish is perfectly charred. Learn how to make this sweet and spicy grilled salmon recipe that makes a perfect gluten-free summer meal.
This easy Spicy Salmon Poke is a festival of textures and tastes in every bite. With big cubes of salmon marinated in a fiery sriracha and sesame sauce, the fish is brought to life by crisp, sweet onions, crunchy tobiko, creamy avocado, and fresh cilantro. The best sweet and spicy salmon with a homemade spice rub made with brown sugar and chili powder. You can cook Sweet and Spicy Salmon using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Spicy Salmon
- You need 5 of Salmon fillets (total about 1 1/2 pounds).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of butter, melted.
- You need 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of chili powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or to taste.
This Pan Seared Salmon with a sweet and spicy spice rub is one of my favorite quick and easy dinners. Sweet and Spicy Honey Sriracha Salmon. A super easy and healthy dinner. Serve with rice and veggies to make it a meal!
Sweet and Spicy Salmon step by step
- In a small bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients and set aside..
- Line the fryer basket with a grill mat or a sheet of lightly greased aluminum foil..
- Pat dry the salmon fillets with a paper towel and place them inside the fryer basket..
- Brush the surface of the salmon with melted butter. Generously sprinkle the surface of the salmon with the dry seasoning mix and pat the seasoning down. Air fry at 380F(190C) for about 6-8 minutes until the internal temperature exceeds 145F (63C) and the surface is nicely caramelized..
- Let rest for a few minutes before serving..
The sauce is just spicy enough with added sweetness from the honey. Sweet, spicy, salty, sour—just four ingredients hit all the flavor notes in the sauce for this top-rated salmon dish. This is one that both my husband and me love. We like things on the spicy side so I added Trader Joe's Red Pepper seasoning and it was great. This salmon is full flavored and has the perfect balance of being slightly sweet and slightly spicy, just the way we like it around here.