Mexican Spaghetti Squash Bowls. This stuffed Mexican spaghetti squash is an easy + healthy vegetarian meal that's super filling, yet much lighter than lots of other cheesy Mexican options! The sautéed veggies, lots of melted cheese, and mild-tasting squash come together to create this delicious stuffed spaghetti squash burrito bowls. This insanely good Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Bowls are my favorite way to eat spaghetti squash.
Whether you're vegan, vegetarian, omnivore, paleo, gluten-free, or dairy-free, there's a burrito bowl with your name on it. Chicken Fajita Spaghetti Squash Bowls that are full of yummy Mexican-flavored chicken and tons of veggies! They are a great healthy, gluten-free dinner option when you are craving Mexican food. You can cook Mexican Spaghetti Squash Bowls using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Spaghetti Squash Bowls
- Prepare 1 of spaghetti squash.
- It’s 2 of cooked chicken breasts diced.
- Prepare 1 of fresh corn on the cob.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped roasted red peppers (jarred).
- You need 4 of chopped green onions.
- You need 1/2 can of ROTEL (diced tomatoes and green chiles).
- Prepare 8 of -10 jalapeño slices chopped (jarred).
- Prepare 1/2 can of rinsed and drained black beans.
- Prepare 1 of Chipotle pepper chopped (canned).
- It’s 3 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of smoked papkrika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded cheese (I used a mexican blend).
Initially, I had planned to grab a few acorn squash at the grocery store. Place spaghetti squash halves, cut sides down, on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until flesh is tender and easily shreds when This recipe introduced me to spaghetti squash! I didn't have any sun dried tomatoes, so I've been adding Rotel tomatoes with cilantro & lime instead.
Mexican Spaghetti Squash Bowls instructions
- Preheat oven to 375° F..
- Cut squash in half lengthwise..
- With a spoon scrape out seeds and dark yellow strings that the seeds are attached to..
- Place squash face down on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet. (I always use a rimmed sheet so there is no chance of them sliding off sheet when taking in and out of oven) Bake for 40-45 min..
- While you squash is roasting remove kernels from corn cob. Place them in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients except cheese..
- When your squash is ready remove from oven. (You can test them to see if they are ready by scraping the insides with a fork, if the "strings" come off easily, they are ready.).
- Let cool slightly so you can easily handle the squash..
- Remove inside "strings" leaving a about a 1/4 inch layer on shells..
- Add squash "strings" to the bowl with other ingredients and mix. (Taste to see if you need more salt).
- Place your mixture into squash shell. Sprinkle with cheese..
- Return to oven and cook for about 10-15 min or until the cheese is melted and bubbly..
Turn spaghetti squash into a meatless meal with this recipe for stuffed spaghetti squash lasagna bowls. Made with vegan ricotta and hemp parmesan. I adore bowl meals, especially when there's an edible bowl involved. They're just so fun — you can impress guests with. Spaghetti squash makes a great fiber-filled low-carb substitute for rice in these Southwest Spaghetti Squash Bowls.